It’s summer y’all! We made it through another semester. I have some very exciting things planned for this summer – it will truly be one to remember, but i’ll save that for another blog post. This summer just feels right, you know? I kicked off the summer by chopping off lots and lots of my hair. I got a cut right below the shoulder with a slight lob. Something VERY new for me, but honestly I’m lovin’ it. It feels fresh and healthy while getting the professional look I was going for. Check out my Instagram to see what the chop looks like!
ANYWAYS, today I am talking all about my summer necessities. These items I just could not live without in the hot Texas summers.
- Aussie Sprunch Mousse and Leave-In Conditioner: Ever since I gave my hair a chop, I have been using this stuff like crazy. I add some loose waves or curls to my hair and then run this product through my hair for a messy, chic look that lasts all day long in the summer heat.
- Jergens Natural Glow Moisturizer: If you’re a busy gal like me and just do not have time to lay outside and tan and do not want to spend hundreds of dollars at a tanning salon, this product is perfect for you. Just use this as your lotion when you get out of the shower and in days you will begin to see a natural glowing tan. However, if you are using this, I recommend giving your skin a scrub in the shower once a week with the Jergens Natural Glow Color Primer In-Shower Scrub. If you do not prime your skin, the tan can get splotchy and impossible to get off.
- Elf Lip Balm Tint: This is a super recent buy for me but y’all – I AM IN LOVE. Yesterday I stopped by the Dollar Tree (because who doesn’t love this place?) and picked up some of the Elf Lip Balm Tint in the color Nude. I get SUPER dry lips year-round, but still like a little color on my lips. See the problem? I’ve been really into nudish, brown colors so, I decided to try this one for a dollar. This is SO moisturizing for my lips, I love the color, it lasts for hours (even when I’m sipping on my coffee), and it’s affordable. What more can a girl want?
- Starbucks Peach Green Tea Lemonade: You all know how much I love my iced vanilla latte, but this drink is SO refreshing for summer – I can’t resist. This drink has just the right amount of sweetness and refreshment.
- Layered Necklace: In the summer, I cannot wear any heavy jewelry. However, I recently picked up a layered gold necklace from a thrift shop and wear it with almost every outfit. It was only six dollars and adds SO much to every outfit.
- Lace-Up Sandals: The lace-up trend is in full swing and I have proudly been a part of it. I recently bought a pair of strappy, lace up sandals from Target and love, love, love them. I also bought a brown pair from ROSS for $16! How can you beat that? Again, check out my Instagram to see how I styled these.
- Avocado Toast: This is a super random one, but avocado toast is so easy to make and SO good for you. Flavor your avocado with some lemon, pepper, and sea salt and you have yourself a healthy, filling lunch! Perfect for summer.
- WATER: Such a simple item but it’s so easy to forget to stay hydrated. I recently purchased the VOSS water from ROSS when I was shopping – a HUGE bottle for two bucks! Many stores sell water – so grab one while you’re shopping or just grab one from home before your errands. STAY HYDRATED.
- Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Waterproof Mascara: Usually I would hate waterproof mascara because of how difficult it is to get off. However, I am one of those people who still likes to wear mascara to the pool or lake. SO, obviously this is necessary. I have been using this mascara for years upon years and it has never been a disappointment. The waterproof is great as well, however make sure to use a good makeup remover when taking it off. If you don’t, this can create pain in your eyes, unhealthy growths, etc. Just take off your makeup, people.
- Sunnies, sunnies, sunnies: I have created an unhealthy sunglasses obsession for myself. I just can’t help it – I wear sunglasses 24/7 in the summertime. My favorite sunnies have been from Ray Ban, Charming Charlie, TJ MAXX, Target, and Cotton On. You can definitely find some cute ones for cheap, especially if you lose or break your sunnies all the time like me.
- Dresses and Rompers: In the summertime, I get extra, extra lazy. It’s hot and I just want to slip something easy and flowy on to wear, so dresses and rompers are my go-to. I have been finding some great ones at TJ MAXX, ROSS, and Target.
I have some very exciting announcements coming soon, so stay tuned for that! I hope you all enjoyed this little post. Have a fantastic afternoon!